Prime Rib and Roast Beef Worksheet
1. Place meat on the rack, fatty side down.
2. Place rack with meat inside the box.
3. Cover box with the ash pan and charcoal grid.
4. Add 14 lbs. of charcoal for Model #1 Box or 16lbs. for Model #2 Box and light up the charcoal on top of the grid.
5. Once lit (20-25 minutes) spread the charcoal evenly over the charcoal grid.
6. Cooking time starts right now.
7. After 1 hour (1st hour) open the box flip the meat over, connect the wired thermometer probe in the center of the meat, close the box and add 8 lbs. of charcoal.
8. Continue to add 9 lbs. of charcoal every hour until you reach the desired temperature on the meat thermometer.
Fresh Beef: Rare 140, Medium Rare 145, Medium 160, Well Done 170
IMPORTANT: DO NOT OPEN THE BOX UNTIL YOU REACH THE DESIRED TEMPERATURE