Lamb Roast Worksheet
1. Place Lamb between the racks and tie using the 4 S-
2. Place Lamb inside the box Ribs side down, connect the
wired thermometer probe on the leg, be careful not to touch the
3. Cover box with
the ash pan and charcoal grid.
4. Add 16 lbs. of charcoal for Model #1 Box or 18lbs. for Model #2 Box and light up.
5. Once lit (20-25 minutes) spread the charcoal
evenly over the charcoal grid.
6. Cooking time starts right now _________________
7. After 1
hour (1st hour) open the box flip the Lamb over (ribs up) close the box and add
9 lbs. of charcoal.
8. After 1 hour (2nd hour) add 9 lbs. of
9. Do not add
any more charcoal; continue cooking the meat until you reach the desired
temperature reading on the thermometer.
Fresh Lamb: Rare 140, Medium Rare 145, Medium 160, Well Done
IMPORTANT: DO NOT OPEN THE BOX UNTIL YOU REACH
THE DESIRED TEMPERATURE
Roberto Guerra's Lamb Roast
(48lb Lamb on the SP-300)
1. Mix some olive
oil and salt and rub the back of the lamb (this is to help searing the meat to
contain the juices) do this before placing the lamb in the box.
2. Add one
gallon of water, 2 cups of white wine and whatever spices you use to marinade
the lamb in to the drip tray.
3. Place the lamb ribs down inside the
4. Start with 16 lbs of charcoal, make sure to make two piles (one
on each end) once lit spread evenly, roast for one hour, you will now open the
box flip it over and connect the probe of the wired meat thermometer in to the
rear leg (make sure is on the center not touching the bone) close the box and
add 7 – 8 lbs of charcoal every hour until you reach your desired
5. It should take you 2.5 to 3 hours, it depends on the
temperature of the meat before you start cooking, the colder the longer it takes
Here are the temperatures for lamb; Well Done 170, Medium 160,
Medium Rare 145, Rare 140
6. After the lamb is cooked, remove the
drippings from the drip tray and mix it with some wine in a pot and reduced a bit
to create the best sauce you have ever tasted.
Lamb & 35 lb Pig
Roasted Bones Down
Finished Bones Up