1. Place chicken on top of the rack breast down if cooking whole or skin down if cooking split, attached top rack using the 4 S-Hooks.
2. Place chicken inside the box, skin or breast down.
3. Cover box with the ash pan and charcoal grid.
4. Add 16 lbs. of charcoal for model #1 or 18 lbs. for model #2 and light up.
5. Once lit (20-25 minutes) spread the charcoal evenly over the charcoal grid.
6. Cooking time starts right now ______________ (write down)
7. After 1 hour open the box by removing the complete set of ash pan and grin together and place it on top of the long handles.
8. Now flip the chicken over, skin or breast side up.
9. Cover the box again with the ash pan and charcoal grid and add 9 lbs of charcoal.
10. Cook for an extra 30-45 minutes. If using a wired thermometer cook until the chickens reach a temperature of 180 f.