1. Place Turkey on top of the rack breast down if cooking whole or skin down if cooking split, attached top rack using the 4 S-Hooks.
2. Place Turkey inside the box, skin or breast down, attached probe from the wired thermometer in to the thigh and run wire under short top frame.
3. Cover box with the ash pan and charcoal grid.
4. Add 16 lbs. of charcoal for model #1 or 18 lbs. for model #2 and light up.
5. Once lit (20-25 minutes) spread the charcoal evenly over the charcoal grid.
6. Cooking time starts right now ___________________ (write down time).
7. After 1 hour open the box by removing the complete set of ash pan and grid together and place it on top of the long handles.
8. Now flip the Turkey over, skin or breast side up and add 9 lbs. of charcoal.
9. Continue to add 9 lbs. of charcoal every hour until you reach 180 on the meat thermometer.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT OPEN THE BOX UNTIL YOU REACH THE DESIRED TEMPERATURE
Note: If roasting with temperature below 40o we recommend insulating the bottom of or box using Insulation Kit P/N: 10800 and our Wired Thermometer P/N: 10307.