1. Place Turkey on top of the rack breast down if cooking whole or skin down if cooking split, attached top rack using the 4 S-Hooks. Add 1 gallon of water to the drip tray, for extra flavor you can add beer to the water or spices to the water, I personally like to add a cup of our La Caja China Mojo Criollo.
2. Place Turkey inside the box, skin or breast down, attached probe from the wired thermometer and run wire under short top frame.
3. Cover box with the ash pan and charcoal grid.
4. Add 12 lbs. of charcoal for model #1 or 16 lbs. for model #2 and light up.
5. Once lit (20- 25 minutes) spread the charcoal evenly over the charcoal grid.
6. Cooking time starts right now.
7. After 1 hour open the box by removing the complete set of ash pan and grid together and place it on top of the long handles.
8. Now flip the Turkey over, skin or breast side up and add 5 lbs of charcoal.
Continue to add 5 lbs of charcoal every hour until you reach 175 f.
Note: If you like you can brush a mix of butter, garlic and say sauce over the turkey after you reach 175 f. Just open the box brush the mixture and cover again with the charcoal tray for an extra 10 - 15 minutes.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT OPEN THE BOX UNTIL YOU REACH THE DESIRED TEMPERATURE